Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Commonly asked questions about joining the UKFC, the application / evaluation process and the day-to-day running and management of a UK charity. If you have a question that isn’t addressed below, please contact us
An application form can be downloaded from our website www.ukfundforcharities.org. The form contains information about the documentation we will need from you so that we can evaluate your organisation’s eligibility.
The UKFC International Programme Application Form requires two signatures, one of which must be that of a Chairman or equivalent. We do not accept electronic signatures.
A completed application form can be returned to the UKFC via the following methods:
UK Fund for Charities
PO Box 50
RH7 6FT United Kingdom
Scanned and sent via Email:
Fax: 01342 871911
In evaluating a new charity, the UKFC reviews its mission, vision, and by-laws; current activities, financial statements, and personnel, to ensure your organization is suitable to receive grants from a UK Registered Charity. In this process, the UK Fund For Charities makes no judgements as to the value of the work you do or the capacity of your organization to do it.
You can choose to submit the necessary paperwork online if you’d prefer and you can pay the evaluation fee online (via PayPal) via cheque, debit or credit card or bank transfer.
Required documents for evaluation:
- A Charity Evaluation Application Form completed in full.
- These are the documents that were prepared, signed, or agreed upon when your organization was set up. These typically include a statement of your organization’s mission, vision and by-laws. If these are not in English please, provide both an English translation and a copy of the original. Include name, address, email, website if any and relevant qualifications of translator. The translation should be legally endorsed. Note, the UKFC will also have the translation checked and may pass on any costs incurred.
- Literature about your programmes.
- Annual reports of the applicant organisation and financial statements for the last three years in English (translated if necessary with conditions as above).
- Photo ID documents for three directors (eg. copy of current passport).
- Details of any projects for which you are hoping to fundraise. This can include grant proposals, informational brochures, budgets etc.
Once we are satisfied that the necessary paperwork has been received, you will be asked to pay the evaluation. The Board of the UKFC will then consider your application for evaluation and you will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible.
Application Documents can be sent in via mail, scanned and saved as PDF’s and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org OR submitted online [Click here]
Please remember that application documents must be sent to the UKFC along with a fully completed application form. Please ensure that the chosen evaluation payment method has been selected and that the application form has been signed. One signature must be that of a Chairman or equivalent. Application forms can be sent to the UKFC via mail, email or faxed to 01342 871911.
Our mailing address is:
UK Fund for Charities
PO Box 50
The Board of Trustees meets four times annually in February, May, August and November to approve grants to be made from funds received during the previous three months.
Donations must be received by the 15th of the month preceding a quarterly Board Meeting in order for the grant to be considered at that meeting.
Please note: A donor may only suggest to the UKFC that it wishes to support a non-UK entity. It’s up to the Board of the UKFC to decide whether or not to follow the donor’s suggestion of the non-UK charitable entity to support.
A. By bank transfer, the UKFC will pay charges incurred in the UK only. There is a minimum limit of £100.00 on any one grant being made.
Currently the administrative costs of the UKFC are under 2% of donations received. Where Gift Aid is applied the costs are more than covered by the Gift Aid reclaimed and costs are reduced on donations that don’t attract Gift Aid. See the retention scales below: