SCP provides a proven solution to infrastructure concrete issues.
The main challenge is finding ways to protect new and old concrete to increase the sustainability of highways, bridges and tunnels; locks and dams; airports and seaports; culverts; and wastewater treatment facilities.
Upon application, SCP products penetrate the concrete capillaries and pores creating additional calcium silicate hydrate. It helps prevent embedded steel corrosion and provides a wide range of concrete protection features. These include strengthening and surface hardening, as well as resistance to salt, chemical and environmental attack over the life of the concrete. This provides a proven solution to infrastructure concrete issues.
When applied after concrete is placed, SCP technology penetrates accessible capillaries and pores. It can be used at time-of-placement or as a remedial treatment.
SCP technology has been used on sidewalks, pedestrian bridges, roads, bridges and ramps, as well as airport facilities and pavements.
- Reduces potential development of corrosion conditions in concrete
- Works on new and old concrete
- Enhances long-term durability
- Withstands hydrostatic pressure
- Minimises downtime
- Enables treated concrete to be accessed in as little as an hour after application
- Fast, safe and clean, with zero VOC content