The Executive Committee of the Division consists of a Chairman, a Vice Chairman, a Secretary, a Treasurer and two (2) additional members. The Chairman of the Executive Committee or an alternate member of the Committee represents the Division on the Council of the Geological Society of South Africa.
The duties of the Executive Committee are to manage the affairs of the Division in the interest of the Members of the Division and in accordance with its own Constitution and Rules and the Constitution and Bylaws of the Geological Society of South Africa.
The term of office is two (2) years.
The elected Executive Committee for 2015 /2016 are:
- Dr Matthys Dippenaar (University of Pretoria) ‐ National Chairperson
- Mr Sechaba Lenong (Council for Geosciences) – National Vice-Chair, Website Portfolio
- Mr Fortress Netili (Global Water Management Solutions Pty Ltd) ‐ National Treasurer
- Dr Martin Holland (Delta‐H Water Systems Modelling Pty Ltd) – National Secretariat, Financial Portfolio
- Ms Elanda Schaffner – Appointed National Secretary
- Dr Jaco Nel (GCS-SA) – SACNASP and Membership Portfolio
- Mr Derek Whitfield (EDRS) – Events Portfolio
- Mr Terry Harck (Solution-H+) – Strategic relationships (Co-Opted)
- Ms Danita Hohne (Department Water and Sanitation) – Central Branch Representative
- Dr Roger Parsons (Parsons and Associates) – Western Cape Branch Representative
- Mr Jan Myburgh (AGES) – Eastern Cape Branch Representative
- Mr Duncan Munyai (Private Consultant) – GWD Limpopo Branch Representative