Sustainability & SHERQ
Strategy, risk, performance and sustainability have become inseparable in modern business. A renewed focus on good corporate citizenship and governance, increased scrutiny by providers of project capital, expansion of directors’ fiduciary responsibilities and the need to embed risk within business decisions and processes, have made implementation of an integrated Enterprise Risk Management process a priority, with SHERQ being a core element and a strategic imperative.
Our SHERQ unit boasts broad-ranging experience in establishing, integrating and managing risk-based SHE management systems in both project management and general industry environments. Attesting to our commitment to this key imperative and our achievements to date, we have received the following certifications:
ISO 14001: 2015
Environmental Management System
ISO 45001: 2018
Occupational Health and Safety Management System
ISO 9001: 2015
Quality Management System
Our commitment goes beyond compliance to embracing the concept of visible felt leadership, which has become a foundation for success for many world-class organisations. Among key principles we go by in this regard is management’s involvement in day-to-day activities of their teams, influencing attitudes and behaviour at all times.
With dedicated safety officers deployed in all activities and projects, our SHERQ teams ensure that SHERQ is managed in a holistic and continuous manner. It is against the foregoing that we have accomplished the SHERQ awards and standards we have become known and respected for.
We believe in the spirit and the letter of transformation statutes and initiatives in South Africa. This is evidenced in our proactive endeavours to promote previously disadvantaged individuals, which include the following:
- We are not only 100% black-owned, but are also 50% black woman-owned.
- Our Chief Executive Officer is a black woman.
- 40% of our management team is made up of women whilst 70% of our staff is youth.
- Through our social impact initiative, “Change We Want”, we provide opportunities for engineering students and new entrants into the world of work to acquire skills through internships, learnerships and other work integrated learning opportunities.
- We are certificated as B-BBEE Level 1 with a Procurement Recognition of 135%.
We believe the journey of transformation is an ongoing one. Accordingly, we continue to prioritise the previously disadvantaged in our hiring, promotions and developmental practices.